cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS IPS Signature Issue

warnetrules
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems with uploading the signatures for IOS IPS.  I am following the write-up provided at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/ios-intrusion-prevention-system-ips/prod_white_paper0900aecd805c4ea8.html

Once I have uploaded the signatures, per the write-up, they should automatically start compiling however that never happens.  Also, the write-up states that the package should contain 6 files in xml format however, the files in this package are in xmz format.  I have tried this setup on 2 separate router models, 2901 and 5915, however they signatures never compile.  This is the latest package list on the Cisco download site, IOS-S914-CLI.pkg.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to activate the signatures?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Perhaps you have failed some other dependency.  What version of software are you using on your 2901?

I assume the 2901 has an active current IPS licence?

I was able to figure it out.  It was really simple I feel pretty dumb.  I was importing the signatures directly into the directory I created using the command copy tftp ips.  I changed the command to copy tftp://192.168.1.2/IOS.S914.CLI.pkg idconf.  Once I was able to add the "idconf" option at the end of the command, the signatures were compiled successfully and imported into the ips directory.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card