Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Source Guard & Multiple Routers

ZachG-RawACF
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I am currently working on securing a small business network. We have 2 RV340 routers connected together. Router 1 (R1) is connected to the modem and Router 2 (R2) is connected to R1's LAN port from R2's WAN port. The intent is to have R1 control the warehouse and Wifi network while R2 controls the offices and management devices and to keep the two isolated from one another. They are separate networks, each router serving as separate DHCP servers, with R1 being 192.168.1.0 and R2 being 192.168.2.0.

I was able to activate IP Source Guard on R2 without issue. The offices are nice and secure. The problem is that I cannot activate IP Source Guard on R1 without R2's network losing internet access. I played around with Access Rules using the IP Address R1 sees R2 as (192.168.1.2) without much luck.

Is anyone aware of a way to for me to set this up so that both routers have IP Source Guard on while maintaining internet connectivity?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card