Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS 4215 Issue

paragengg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

We have upgraded IDS 4215 to IPS version 5.1 at one of our clients. And now we have oput it in inline mode. Scenario is as follows::

Location A is connected to location B with IPS coming after router and then Firewall and then the DMZ...When i m trying to check by doing ping from location B to Location A's servers in the DMZ...noe of the icmp packets are recorded in the logs...the signature for the same is enabled though...Is there any other porblem..Configuration is absolutely ok..Can anybody suggest...

In addition..traffic matching the default signatures is also not getting logged...Plz suggest....

2 Replies 2

jwalker
Level 3
Level 3

Once you put the sensor inline, you must remember to add the interface pair to the virtual sensor. I would check this first. Which signature are you looking for?

I already have done the same when I put it in inline mode...

i was trying for icmp request and reply signatures...but it didn't work when i tested with a ping...In addition default signatures are also not getting fired..in fact nothing is shown in IPS logs...I wonder...

ANything suggestive??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card