Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS 4215 with 5.0 reboot loop

mkirbyii
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone come across this situation? I issued a "reset" command and proceded to reboot the sensor. Sensor never came back up. I then console cabled into the sensor and while the sensor was trying to load it would stop and reboot. This kept happening over and over. If I booted to the recovery partition I was able to recover. Any ideas? The only thing we did before this was add a bunch of event filters via the cli.

Thank you

MK

1 Reply 1

brhamon
Level 1
Level 1

This is most definitely an issue that we can best address via a call to our Technical Assistance Center. It is doubtful that the event filters were in any way responsible for this behavior. While you have the serial console connected, you might want to take note if you see any unusual errors or warnings during operating system initialization. In particular, please note whether the platform identification reports "UNKNOWN", or if any errors are returned by the IDE drivers ("hda", "hdb", "hdc", etc.). I would suggest opening a TAC case and providing a session capture showing one full boot cycle.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card