Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS Interface using SNMP

tbourguillioen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am encountering a problem with a number of Cisco IPS 4200 series devices. When we perform a walk using the MIB-II (rfc1213) OID's, the information that is returned is incorrect (interface status, speed, ...)...

After some searching, i found the following on the cisco site for these devices:

The following private MIBs are supported on the sensor:

• CISCO-CIDS-MIB

• CISCO-PROCESS-MIB

• CISCO-ENHANCED-MEMPOOL-MIB

• CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB

Note MIB II is available on the sensor, but we do not support it. We know that some elements are not correct (for example, the packet counts from the IF MIB on the sensing interfaces). While you can use elements from MIB II, we do not guarantee that they all provide correct information. We fully support the other listed MIBs and their output is correct.

Is there any way that we can correctly read the interface status, speed, etc. I cannot find similar OID's in the supported MIB's.

IPS4240 ver 7.0(4)E4

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to get the correct interface statistics through SNMP.

An enhancement request has been opened to have parts of MIB-II supported:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsk41177

If this feature is important for you, you can contact your account team so that they can work with the IPS folks to have this feature prioritized for the next software release.

Regards,

Nicolas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card