Can someone direct me to the part numbers for the support of the IPS module? Particularly, the software upgrades and signature upgrades? Do I need a separate contract for the module itself or is that covered by the ASA contract? thx atgain.
Cisco Services for IPS provides hardware and software support, operating system and application updates, access to Cisco security engineering specialists, and timely alerts about late-breaking viruses, worms, and other threats. It features:
• Signature file updates and alerts
• Registered access to Cisco.com for online tools and technical assistance
• Access to Cisco Technical Assistance Center
• Cisco IPS Sensor Software updates
• Options for advance replacement of failed hardware
The AIP-SSM requires a separate support contract from the host ASA.