Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE PIC License Install Issue

Fantas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having issue with ISE PIC Standard licensing and getting bellow error when importing.

Invalid License, cannot install ISE PIC license or ISE PIC UPGRADE license on ISE.

I have Product ID ISE-VM-K9.

Please reply if anyone have similar issue and fixed it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ISE-PIC is only offered in .iso form. It has the OS and application - everything you need to make a working host. You just need to provide the metadata (disk size, memory and CPU assignments) to your ESXi or vCenter server from the installation guide when you install the VM as opposed to having it provided in the image.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What image did you install? You should be using the ISE-PIC specific image - not the general ISE image.

Something like "ise-pic-2.6.0.156.SPA.x86_64.iso", found here:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286313041/type/286314948/release/2.7.0

Thanks Marvin,

I am importing license file names as below on my ISE PIC virtual node.

POSITRONFEAT202004201559129865.lic

Product Name : R-ISE-PIC-VM-K9=
Product Description : ISE Passive Identity Connector Virtual Machine 3000 sessions
Product Qty : 1

Hi

You said you have ISE-VM-K9 which isn't the right ISE-PIC ova. 

As @Marvin Rhoads  said, you have a specific image to download in order to be able to install your license.

Can you do show license udi on your ISE CLI?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi,

Please find info below

SPID: ISE-VM-K9
VPID: V01
Serial: XX..X.X.X.X.X

I have already ISE PIC  VM running with demo license but now its license expired and I purchased paid one to renew it.

Here is Cisco TAC Comments

The licensing engineer has checked and verified that the license file is issued with the correct UDI details.

Please let me know if this is ISE-PIC license or ISE-PIC-UPGRADE license.

Along with this, please provide the output of “show tech” command from ISE CLI.

Are you sure TAC verified the sku of the vm which is ISE-VM-K9? Normally ise pic licenses can't be applied on this vm. You'll need to download the ise pic vm.
Validate this with TAC please.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Thanks.

Yes checking with TAC

Hi,

Do we need ISE base license along with standard license for 3000 sessions.

How I can get base license , I have imported standard license but still cant see option enabled.

Can you share a screenshot please to see what's not working?

Thanks
Francesco

Hi,

Screen shot attached.

Its virtual ISE inside and already applied standard license.

I don't see any base license. I see the ISE PIC licenses that aren't supported due to mismatch VM.

Thanks
Francesco

Hi,

we use only passive Identity Services and that the reason imported only standard license.

Mismatch VM, Didnt get that, You mean we used wrong ova/iso file for ISE PIC.

Yes this is what we are saying since the beginning.
You're using ise-vm-k9 and you need to deploy the ise pic vm. Go on Cisco downloads, search for ise passive identity connector and get the ova. Once you deployed it, you'll be able to attach your licenses.

Thanks
Francesco

Thanks, I am doing it.

Thanks Marvin,

Actually we build VM with below image and then tried to import ISE PIC Standard License which imported successfully but still had base license error.

ISE-2.6.0.156-virtual-SNS3615-SNS3655-200.ova

After discussions I came to know that we needs to rebuild VM with ISE PIC Image as below and will remove license mapped to above ISE VM and import it to new below VM build with ISE PIC.

ise-pic-2.6.0.156.SPA.x86_64.iso

Cant see ISE PIC ova file in downloads section , dont know why

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card