cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keep 2 Networks Seperate on an ASA 5505???

Rtwilliams
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm new to Networking and Firewalls.  But I have what I hope is an easy question to answer.

1. I currently have a Comcast Business Class Gateway, Cisco 2100 Series WLAN Controller and a Cisco ASA 5505 all connected together to supply LAN and WLAN internet connections on my network.

2.  I also have a Card Access Security System on it owns network.  It currently does not have internet access.

I would like to put my security system on the internet so that I can support it remotely.  To do this, it has to be on a firewalled internet connection.

My question is;

Can  I put the two networks on my ASA 5505 and keep them seperate?  I don't want to provide a path into the Security System through my current LAN & WLAN.  But I do need a frewalled internet connection on my Security System.  I am trying to avoid purchasing a seperate firewall.

Thanks for any comments of feedback.

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

What license do you have on the ASA firewall? Basically by default you have 2 interfaces and a restricted DMZ, that would do it.

You can add a third interface with a security level of 100,  then Create a NAT translation and only allowed certain services/IPs to access then from the outside, something like this,

Interface vlan 3

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

nameif Security_System

security-level 100

Interface eth0/3

switchport access vlan 3

Then assigned an IP address to that system, create a NAT translation and an access list and that will do it.

Mike

Mike
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card