cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing on ASAs

richmondk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I just learned that the licensing structure for the ASAs is changing, but I don't have any details.  Has anyone heard about this?  If so, can you share what you know?  We have roughly 30 ASAs (from 5505s to 5585s).  If there's a licensing change, I need to do an impact assessment and plan accordingly.  Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Keely,

What changes are you referring to, any specific features, versions mentioned?

I have no information coming (to me) internally about this.

We made some changes between versions (notably 8.2 to 8.3) and tweaks here and there to some existing licenses, but I have not heard of paradigm shift in ASA licensing.

M.

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm not sure of the details.  My Mgr sent me msg that the licensing structure was changing.  If that's the case, I have to do impact assessments & planning for approx 30 units (5505s thru 5585s). We're running v8.4(2) for the most part.  I have a handful still running v8.2, but their slated to be upgraded soon.

Thanks for your help.

Keely

Keely,

Can't promise much, but I'll run a query by the few people I know within business units and sales guys, see what will come up.

M.

Thank you so much!

Keely,

Whatever the changes, they have not been communicated to the sales people I know.

I've also looked through engineering documentation, the only recent additions is to ASA CX  licensing - which should not impact anythign on other ASAs.

Trace back what your manager suggested to someone in Cisco, see what they meant.

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: