cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum connection time for VPN connection

gbuetow
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured our VPN 3000 (running VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Version 3.0.2.Rel) for a maximum connection time of 480 minutes. I configured the Base Group for the 480 minute maximum connection time and then used the check box to cause the other groups to inherit those settings. I have even configured individual groups for a 480 minute maximum connection time and removed the check mark froim the inherit box. Neither method seems to work. I still have several people that exceed the maximum time. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known problem in this older version of code. Setting the max connect time to 389 minutes or higher doesn't work, the workaround is to set it to 388 minutes or less, then you should be OK. This was fixed way back in 3.1 code, so upgrading to the latest 3.6 should resolve the problem also (if you want to leave it at 480 minutes)

Bug ID is CSCdu70233 if you want to have a look at it (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/launch_bugtool.pl)

kdurrett
Level 3
Level 3

If you dont do anything, at least do this. Get out of 3.0.2 and upgrade your 3000. If you take a look under Management/Files you will more than likely see a crash log. This code has had some issues with crashing quite a bit. No need to send or open a case with tac, they will also tell you to upgrade. Good Luck.

Kurtis Durrett

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card