Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-context active-active etherchannel failover

bikespace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there a way to monitor individual interfaces on a box doing multicontext etherchannel failover?

I can understand on an individual box you can add monitor-interface to the physical interface, but in multi context mode, there is only one interface (the logical etherchannel subinterface) pushed through from the system context to each of the other contexts. I've been looking around and can't work out how to get a context failover to fail if only one of the etherchannel fails.

If the other box has more active etherchannels then that's the one I want active, but can't see it at the moment.

Possibly missed something somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gaz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

monitor-interface will only work on "named" interfaces.  So, what you are looking to do is not possible.

The member interfaces on a port-channel will not have "nameif" associated with them.

-Kureli

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

monitor-interface will only work on "named" interfaces.  So, what you are looking to do is not possible.

The member interfaces on a port-channel will not have "nameif" associated with them.

-Kureli

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card