Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple L2L VPN's issue

Saladin211
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I will be honest and admit that I've gained my knowledge of ASA-5520 through trial & error and practical experience and I have no previous proper education on the matter, and I configure the ASA mereley using the ASDM (I have little knowledge of the ASA IOS commands), enough, let's get to the question..

We have an ASA-5520 with 2 DMZ interfaces, 1 inside, 1 outside

On the Inside:          head office network and voice (CUCM) infrastructure

On the DMZ:           FTP, gateway servers etc

On DMZ2:               Branch offices that are connected to our head office via L2L VPN, using a single ISP's WAN (we call it data subscription, meaning                               that the branch offices are accessing all network resources through the ASA )

On the Outside:       Public IP address connected to the ISP internet subscription, where we have also configured L2L VPN with other branch offices (that                               use other IPS's)

What I'm trying to accomplish is establish connectivity between one branch from the DMZ2 zone to another branch from the Outside zone, this implies:

1. connecting the Voice VLAN of both branches

2. connecting the Data VLAN of both branches

I was able to establish this with one Outside branch (site A) to another DMZ2 branch (site B), however I'm not able to establish the same between site A and another DMZ2 site (site C). I went through the configuration of all devices over and over again, and I still can not find what I missed to not be able to replicate my success with A to B

I know my explanation is a nightmare, however I'm only asking if there's a checklist that I should follow, or any hint on troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks a lot

1 Reply 1

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

This sounds like it could be either a nat issue/a same interface traffic/or generic routing problem

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card