Helpful
Replies

NAC 4.7

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Hello friends,

When i logged in NAC 4.7 i  get this errors:

Warning: Current end entity certificate has expired or is due to expire in less than 30 days.

can anybody help me for this

39 Replies 39

Well, you pointed out the right thing. Well, on the DNS we have entries like 192.168.55.1 to nam and 192.168.66.1 to nas

so endusers can ping nam and nas respectively with names and with ip addresses also.

If my cert is wrong, then how can i have a 192.168.55.1 (nam) and 192.168.66.1 (nas) are connected !

I know something went wrong between NAS and NAM connectivity , but even before redirection was supposed to take place right ....

Yes still we didnt put the NewCert.crt file (that was downloaded from NAM) is not put in user trusted root certificates...my friend has just done it , and we can only check tomorrow ....

if you think we should not use nam or nas names , then i will regenerate the certs and use IPs instead of names ...

Can you please read all of my points above and correct where i am wrong, please ! that be very kind of you...sir...

Kamran.

* i have imported the NAM( 192.168.55.1) details in .rar file and also NAS (192.168.66.1) details as well.

* do i have to import to users only NAM NewCert.crt file ? right !!!! it should be ok with this right ? please confirm.

Faisel,

can you please tell me what do you mean by install it on CAS and the import it in Trusted Certificate Store on CAM ?

Generate CAS cert on CAS

- Save it on your local machine and then install it on the CAS using the CAS admin GUI

Reboot CAS

- Take the CAS cert and import it in the Trusted Certificate Store on theCAM. This is the second tab when you click on SSL in CAM GUI

Regards

Ahmed...

game123
Level 1
Level 1

Well, another query, is , while i play with certificates, do my confiuration of nam and nas will stay as it is or it will be deleted !!! can you plz confirm, i am running 4.7.2 ?

Well, following your idea, i tried to swap the name from nam to nas in the url field and the page of Salaah Methanol ,for authentication came before me..!!!!

i think this is good right ?

Well, but how to fix it ?? i am too much perplexed since, my cert has finally got "connected " and i tried the same procedure then how come things went wrong ???

Sir,

i have 1 NAM (192.168.55.1) appliace + 1 NAS (192.168.66.1) appliance.

i did same steps of openssl that you defined on both the boxes ,even got connected.

how this redirection is giving error , how to fix it sir... even after this page, i am not proceeding....so definitely something went wrong again in certs

guide me please.....i know it is difficult for you to give 1 man so much time , but really, i value it and i am lucky to get assitance from you like this...

?????

waiting...crossed fingers!

Sir,

if you can point out any of the screenshots that is wrong, please let me know....

If you pin point some errors or changes to be made , let me know,.... i have taken 3 screenshots of SSL section of NAM and 2 screenshots of NAS.

I am sure if you can highlight the things that should look different or needs change, i will be able to understand since i have tried making openssl already so there will be no problem in commands, but wanna know the error ... please see my attachment pictures...they are latest screenshots...!!!!

My MGR IP : 192.168.55.1

My SVR IP : 192.168.66.1

Kamran ..... !

Kamran,

So from the screenshots it seems like on the CAM you have a certificate with the CN of NAS, and the CAS you have certificate installed with the CN of NAM.

Key question is if on the client you do a nslookup NAS, what IP is returned? If it's the IP of the NAM, then this is wrong. If it returns the IP of the NAS and you're still not getting redirected, then problem lies somewhere else.

You're overly complicating this. The NAM cert should go on the NAM and in the Trusted Cert Store on the NAS. The NAS cert should go on the NAS, and the Trusted Cert Store on the NAM. NAS should resolve to NAS's IP, and NAM should resolve to NAM's IP. Currently you have it inverted.

Faisal

U rock !

LOOKS GREAT NOW ! CONFIGS ALSO STAYED........and even AGENT now downloading...I WILL CONTINUE TRYING FOR 1 MORE DAY AND UPDATE YOU .....

Kindly see the attachment , i am getting the ceritifcate yes/no pop on on client machines...which cert shall i push thru AD 2008 GPO ?

NAS CERT or NAM CERT ?

please do reply..awaiting ! ....

Kamran,

The NAS cert, or in your case, whatever cert you have installed on your NAS (since you had a cert called NAM installed on the NAS)

HTH,

Faisal

I have exported x.509 cert chain.pem from NAS and given to Shoaib( customer administrator on site) to push it via 2008 AD GPO to users, he will let me know soon. Thanks for the tip !

Well, my ccie lab exam. is in sept 2010 ..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card