Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC Deployment

Hi

I am deploying NAC complete solution in my network.

I have few queries as to what should be done first and what should be done at last.

the products which i have are:-

1. NAM- 2 have to be launched in HA
2. NAS - 2 have to be launced in HA

3. NAC profiler.

I am running NAM HA first w/o issue.

my second step is NAS- HA. this is where my doubt starts if i should lauch NAS in HA from start or i should setup up the primary NAS

and make the network up and then launch secondary NAS and then configure the HA between NAS which is where i am little confused.

third when should i launch my NAC profiler? for detecting the Printers and fax and ip phones after my NAS has been set up? making the roles

and mapping and let it detect all the active devices like laptop or printers or fax.

i am not sure of the steps how we should launch and integrated solution for NAC.

is there any case study which cisco has done which shows how they have launched an integrated services?

thanks

1 Reply 1

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

About the NAS HA. No such limitation on how configure HA. My suggestion would be that you configure the primary first and then the secondary.

You can put the primary in production and then put the secondary in place or you can configure them both together and then move them into production.Both will do. Not sure about the profiler, maybe someone else might be able to help you.

Thank you.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card