cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT between SRX and Cisco

Johnson_Mo
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco warriors, I need help with this please!

I have SRX doing proxy-arp 192.168.0.0/16 with directly connected to cat 9300 cisco 

Johnson_Mo_0-1717548929793.png

I want to put another SRX in between as a layer 3 for extra security. is there a way to keep the same IP address for the VLANs on cat 9300?

Johnson_Mo_1-1717549315119.png

thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Johnson_Mo
Level 1
Level 1

resolved the issue by using 192.168.0.0/24 between cisco switch and the new SRX 

thanks team for responding! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

You can config BVI in new SRX that make SW and old SRX in same subnet and you can put some secuirty in new SRX 

MHM

we need to nat on the new srx so it has to be L3 device. Also, BVI is not supported in SRX only Translational cross connect is supported and required to be in packet mode. 

Hello
Why not put the new SRX in transparent mode, thus you keep the addressing as it is but you have the extra security in-between?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

we need to nat Multicast add on the new SRX not on the old one to avoid cpu utilization. 

Johnson_Mo
Level 1
Level 1

resolved the issue by using 192.168.0.0/24 between cisco switch and the new SRX 

thanks team for responding! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card