Views
Helpful
Replies

nat question

zhushaogang
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,Everyone

I have a question, I hope to get help, As shown in Figure requirements, how to achieve?thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So if the client accesses a 9.0.0.0/8 address you want there source addresses NATed to 2.0.0.0/8.

And is 9.0.0.0/8 being NATed into the 200.0.0/24, 201.0.0/24, etc server addresses?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So if the client accesses a 9.0.0.0/8 address you want there source addresses NATed to 2.0.0.0/8.

And is 9.0.0.0/8 being NATed into the 200.0.0/24, 201.0.0/24, etc server addresses?

hello Philip 

Thank you for your answer, your description is right, and the client is through the DNS analysis to get the server address, the client only know 9.0.0.0/8 this paragraph of routing, there is a solution to it?

OK,Philip D'Ath,thank you very much

Hi,Philip ,the Add NAT Rule dialog box,check the 'Translate DNS replies that match this rule' check box,through 8.8.8.8 analysis, DNS A records rewritten as 9.0.0.0/24,yes or not? if not ,how to get? thank you.

but ,Its explanation is that,(For a source-only rule) Translate DNS replies that match this rule

You know, I have never used that option, so I'm not sure if it will accomplish what you want or not.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card