Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT stopping Object removal

mawright1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Please can you help I have an Object which i want to remove but every time the ADSM reports it's being used in NAT therefore it cannot be deleted, now I have many over objects using this NAT therefore I cannot delete or believe i can clear NAT to just delete one object. Please can someone advise how I'm able to remove this one object from NAT to then be able to delete the object. 

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you need to remove the object you need to delete all the instances which are using this object.

So we have no option but to delete the NAT or access-lists where this object is being referenced.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers

the NAT group object has many other NAT object instances within it, therefore I cannot stop or delete that object as it will stop all other devices which are using it. I just need to remove this one object. 

Hi,

Unfortunately, in that case, we cannot delete this object as this is being referenced.

Regards,

Aditya

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For this reason we use object groups as a best practice - then you can simply modify the parent group to not include that object and the child object can then be deleted.

You can start doing that now - create a new group that is comprised of all the objects you want to keep and make a NAT rule that references it. Put that new NAT rule just above (in order) the existing NAT. Then remove the existing NAT and "clear xlate" (ASDM does that automatically if you use the GUI).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card