cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NGFW 9300 Security Appliance-Migrating ASA & 8250 to the 9300-Advice from customers using 9300 in production.

tjjackson
Level 1
Level 1

We have had issues so I am looking for any tips or tricks from any one who may have migrated an ASA with or with out a sensor.  I hope/expect the migration to go well this time. 

Here are a few questions I have. 

Has the  9300 Security Appliance been reliable for you?

Were there issues you didn't expect when you migrated or installed you 9300 NGFW?

Are you happy with the performance of the appliance or do you wish you picked a different one?

ANY INPUT WELCOME! good or bad-any advice you may have learned during your migration that you want to share I would live to hear.  Please share.

Thanks so much in advance for your consideration.

2 Replies 2

Abheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi,
9300 is far better in terms of performance, I didn't face any issue while migration.
Cons : deployment time is one of the major issue.

Firepower 9300 is a stable product i would definitely go for it. with version 6.3 install on this beast it will give you multi instace this is new technology for 9300 and 4xxx product where you can run multi-context and reboot any time with no impact on other context at all.

here is a link for this will clear all you concerns  https://blogs.cisco.com/security/secure-multi-tenancy-part-2-going-multi-instance

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card