cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

not showing top 10 access rule after upgrade to 9.1(5)

Jerry Collins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have recently upgraded ASA 5505 from 8.2 to 9.1 and the ASDM to 7.3 but I can no longer can view the Top 10 Access Rules on the home tab. Is it a bug or do I have to enable anything?

I hope someone can help.

5 Replies 5

shrising
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jerry,

Here are the steps that I followed :

I upgraded the firewall from v 8.2.5 to 8.4.7 and then to 9.1.5

Similarly the ASDM from 7.1.3 to 7.3.1

However, I am still seeing the Top 10 Access Rules under the Firewall Dashboard on the Home page of the ASDM.

Could you confirm the exact version of the ASDM that you are running ?

PFA

Regards,

Shrinkhala Singhania

Hi Shrinkhala

ASA upgraded from 8.2(5) to 9.1(5)

ASDM 6.2(5)53 to 7.3(1)

I have attached the a diagram  to show that after upgrade it doesn't show the rules..

Thanks

Jerry

Hi jerry. Can you post a screen shot of the Access rules page? I also found this after an upgrade once. The acl was not set to log matches. This config was not brought over after upgrade because the access rule structure changed.

Hi Andre

for security reasons I cannot give you the Access rules page. FYI the logging is enabled

However in the home page , when I click on show rule it says the following

Unable to determine corresponding access rule The configuration in ASDM may be out of sync with the device. Please refreah configuration and try again

I refreshed the screen and no change. Welcome any advise.

Hi Jerry,

It is working fine for me.

Follow the upgrade path (8.2.5 to 8.4.7 and then to 9.1.5) , because the structure of the access-lists change once you move from 8.2 to 8.3 and above.

This could be causing a problem in your case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card