Views
Helpful
Replies

Object-group

Liam Dwyer
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have an object grou created and need to add a host to the object group.  If I add the line in the object group will it remove all other hosts upon saving?
Or will it just add the host?  I seem to remember old OS' would remove all other items from some portion of the config when adding a new line.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Adding a single host or network under a "object-group network" will not remove any existing objects you have configured under that same "object-group network"

I can't remember that this would have been the case before.

In the new software levels (8.3+) you have things called "object network" also. These can only contain one "host" , "subnet" or "range".

Entering one of these under an "object network" that already has something configured under it would remove the previous one as the "object network" can only contain one element under it.

But in your case with "object-group network" adding more elements under the object wont remove anything

Hope this helps

Please do remember to mark the reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Ask more if needed

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Adding a single host or network under a "object-group network" will not remove any existing objects you have configured under that same "object-group network"

I can't remember that this would have been the case before.

In the new software levels (8.3+) you have things called "object network" also. These can only contain one "host" , "subnet" or "range".

Entering one of these under an "object network" that already has something configured under it would remove the previous one as the "object network" can only contain one element under it.

But in your case with "object-group network" adding more elements under the object wont remove anything

Hope this helps

Please do remember to mark the reply as the correct answer if it answered your question.

Ask more if needed

- Jouni

Thanks Jouni!! That was most helpful!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card