Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Firepower device manager

Arun2022
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am attempting to setup the following on an Firepower managed by FDM. All the OSPF settings have been replicated except "redistribute static subnets". I've tried and observed that after enabling only "redistribute static subnets" and saving the settings. I see that "redistribute static metric 1 metric-type 2" is added automatically.

Attached screenshots for reference:

==================

router ospf 100
router-id x.x.x.x
network x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0 area 1
area 1
log-adj-changes
redistribute static subnets
default-information originate metric 1

==================

4 Replies 4

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

I can see the below discussion are great for clearing your query.

"if i use static route command in ospf with metric-type 1 then the cost will remain the same" -- actual the cost would vary with type 1 as the route traverses more links. With type 2 the metric would remain the same.

To redistribute IBGP routes into another process you need to configure the command 'bgp redistribute-internal' under the BGP process. However, it's not really recommended to use this option due to some problems that might arise out of this.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/redistribution-static-into-ospf/td-p/749973

Thanks,

Jitendra

Thanks,
Jitendra

type/metric is default when redistribute static into OSPF, and it appear when save the config.
but you can modify the default setting 
you can modify the type 
you can modify the default metric 

alirafaleiro
Level 1
Level 1

Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) is a link-state interior gateway protocol. OSPF routers flood link-state information to neighboring routers so that all routers in an OSPF area have a complete view of the network topology.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/660/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-660/fptd-fdm-ospf.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card