Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping traffic on the FirePOWER appliance

Rodrigo Gurriti
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone,

How should I deal with the overlapping traffic on the FirePOWER appliance?

I am inspecting 2 VLANs using virtual switches, one VLAN is my internet edge and the other VLAN is my internal servers VLAN.

Sometimes my internal servers VLAN needs to access the internet and that traffic overlaps with the inspection to my internet edge VLAN.

Is there a configuration to avoid the connections from being logged/inspected twice?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You can create trust rule with specific zones/vlan or source/destination IP if you want specific traffic not to be inspected.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

yogdhanu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You can create trust rule with specific zones/vlan or source/destination IP if you want specific traffic not to be inspected.

Hi,

It will work If I have multiple devices with different ACPs, but if I only have one device with one ACP it will not work. Is there anyway to do that with a single ACP?

I currently have a pair of FirePOWER appliances in High-Availability and they act as one. On this devices I inspect 2 VLANs using the virtual switch. Some traffic flows will cross both VLANs, causing the traffic to go thru the appliance twice.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card