cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 501 Licensing question

wpinberlin
Level 1
Level 1

hello experts - perhaps you could shed some light on a question that has popped up. i have a customer with a PIX 501. his original license key allowed him 10 users with AES/3DES and he purchased an upgrade to 50 users (PIX-501-SW-10-50) - when he activates the upgrade key he is enabled for the 50 users - but the license is now restricted to DES. Is there another step or license needed to restore the 3DES Feature?

thanx for an info you can provide!

~William

3 Replies 3

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

William,

One of my engineers last week had the exact problem as you with a 501. After purchasing the correct licence upgrade for 10 user to 50 user and activating the apporiate licence key the 3DES feature was disabled.

What you need to do is either e-mail Cisco Licencing: licensing@cisco.com and give them your PIX upgrade detail including the PIX model and Serial Number (can be obtained by issuing: sho ver) and also including the PAK code. Cisco licencing will send you the apporiate Activation-Key.

-OR-

You can go here and get the 3DES/AES Activation Key:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/securesw/ps2120/products_product_index09186a00801bc3ec.html

and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps and please rate post if it does.

Jay

The free 3DES activation key resets to 10 users.

To get 50 users w/ 3DES, I found the only method was to contact licensing@cisco.

jmia
Level 7
Level 7
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card