cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 515E UR 6FE Bundle is degrading performance

cloun81
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using PIX 515E 6.3(4) with 6 FE ports. I'v configured outside, inside and DMZ interfaces.

I'm using NAT exemption between Inside and DMZ interface and NAT static translation without changes of IPs.

If I make one download from DMZ to Inside (ftp or samba) speed is about 25 Mbit/s on interface. If I make one more download from DMZ to Inside speed is falling to about 16 Mbit/s. If I make upload from Inside to DMZ at the same time speed is falling to about 3-4 Mbit/s in two ways. CPU load is 2-3 %.

Speed must be near 90 Mbit/s, I think. And no degrade in case with some loading threads.

Manual speed and duplex setting make no change in speed.

"show tech" in attachment.

I need help to speed up.

Evgeniy

1 Reply 1

dennylester
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds like the same problem I had. In my case, it was a duplex mismatch.

Not only do you need to check the settings on the Pix, but you also need to check the equipment that the Pix plugs into. Depending on the model switch you have, you may need to log into the switch and set the speed and duplex there. Once you save the settings you may need to power cycle the equipment so the settings take effect. The fiber transceivers we have had to be powercycled twice before they came up at 100MB full duplex..

One of my duplex mismatch settings wasn't even one that was connected directly to the Pix. A fiber optic transceiver we have that connects the far end of the building into the main switch had a duplex mistmatch there.

You should also check the settings between the servers and the switch..

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card