Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to copy an image asdm-602 to my Cisco Pix 501

when i do it, comes up with out of memory!?20171012_162211.jpg

who can i clear the memory for that?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What is your goal with this Pix? There's almost no practical value in running or struggling with such an old Pix. It does not protect against most current threat types and cannot be updated to do so. It is not even a good platform for study as it uses different syntax and has limitations that are not present in current ASAs.

Like Karsten noted it does use the old PDM. It also requires a very old Java and will not work with any current (or even not so current) Java.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ASDM is not meant for the PIX. Your PIX runs PDM (PIX Device Manager). How to proceed further: Just replace the PIX with a cross-over Cable. It will consume less power and gives you the same protection as your PIX that has not seen any security fixes in probably five to ten years ...

Thank you for your answer :)

I installed the PIX Device Manager pdm304.bin

But i'm still get this error message :

error.JPG

What is your goal with this Pix? There's almost no practical value in running or struggling with such an old Pix. It does not protect against most current threat types and cannot be updated to do so. It is not even a good platform for study as it uses different syntax and has limitations that are not present in current ASAs.

Like Karsten noted it does use the old PDM. It also requires a very old Java and will not work with any current (or even not so current) Java.

we have an asa 5505 in use. the Pix is not used. I just wanted to know why it did not work!

But you have right, I should leave that, it is an old device.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card