Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX Firewall 515 Problem

scotttowers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a couple of PIX Firewall 515's and have been asked to configure them for our network, but know nothing about these products, and wandered if someone could please help.

I'm trying to enable the HTTP server on these 515's but unable to get any success. The message that I get when typing in "http server enable" is "Type help or '?' for a list of available commands.". I am in administration mode, don't understand?

Also what's the latest version of software on these boxes, they both have 64MB memory in them, the version information is below if this helps.

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.1(2)

Hardware: PIX-515, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 200 MHz

Flash i28F640J5 @ 0x300, 16MB

BIOS Flash AT29C257 @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

0: ethernet0: address is 0003.6bf7.45ad, irq 11

1: ethernet1: address is 0003.6bf7.45ae, irq 10

2: ethernet2: address is 0002.b397.21cc, irq 9

3: ethernet3: address is 0094.0080.9a9c, irq 7

Licensed Features:

Failover: Enabled

VPN-DES: Enabled

VPN-3DES: Disabled

Maximum Interfaces: 6

Cut-through Proxy: Enabled

Guards: Enabled

Websense: Enabled

Inside Hosts: Unlimited

Throughput: Unlimited

ISAKMP peers: Unlimited

Hope someone can help,

Thanks

Best regards,

Scott

3 Replies 3

tdederscheck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Are you in configuration mode when you typed in the command? There are four modes. Unprivileged, Privileged, Configuration and Monitor. If you are in Unprivileged mode your prompt will be the > prompt Priviliged mode will be the # prompt and Configuration mode will be the (config)# prompt.

If you are in Priviliged mode type in config t to get to configuration mode and try the "http server enable" again.

I hope this helps,

Tina

Hi Tina,

Thanks for your reply, I am already in Privileged mode with the # at the prompt.

Could it have anything to do with the Device Manager Version being so old?

I wasn't aware of the other two modes, have you any idea how I can get into these modes, I have erased the memory, so all defaults should have been set.

Thanks

Best regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

You need to be in configuration mode. At the # prompt type in config t and this will put you in configuration mode. You can use the help feature by typing in ? at the prompt or after a command or partial command.

You can search on the cisco website for more information on how to configure your PIX. There is a lot of information that will be helpful to you.

Tina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: