Helpful
Replies

pix firewall connectivity to lan

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

dear fellows

i have a pix firewall 515 with two interfaces

i have connected the outside interface to router ethernet interface.also the inside interface to lan switch.

on outside interface i give the router ethernet address and on outside interface of pix. and on inside the same network ip address.

after that my lan computers are unable to browse outside the network.also unable to ping the router ethernet interface .

kindly give me the proper solution of that

3 Replies 3

wraights
Level 1
Level 1

Please, explain a little clearer what addresses you have on the interfaces. It is not real clear what the addresses on the interfaces are. Thanks!

Not applicable

i have a c class address.i have given router e0 x.y.z.1 ip address & on the pix firewall outside interface i have given the x.y.z.2 ip address.on inside interf of pix x.y.z.3 and on my lan from x.y.z.4 onward x.y.z.254,

remember all the addresses belong to same ip class

.the problem is that the users on lan cant even ping the router e0 after that, though on pix firewall the status of both int is up and protocol is up.

Hi, I think there is misconfiguration in your Lan conf. and PIX conf. too. So, if you do not mind to post your conf. after changing your IP addresses, to understand your situation.

1- Why you used x.y.z.3 for your PIX inside interface? I mean why you did not use virtual IPs

2- is your lan behaind the PIX?

3- Did you configure your PIX with the next hop is your router?

4- did you conf. your PIX with "Global and NAT commands???

Regards,,

Magdy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card