Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX locked up Need Help

edgrant
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I know that this is a hard and broad question to answer, but I am trying to think of something to tell my client other than "uhh..I don't know". My PIX 515 recently "locked" up, leaving all of my hosting clients down. I was unable to ping the PIX and was unable to connect to the PIX using a console cable. The only thing I could do was turn the PIX off then on again. I am logging debug messages to KIWI syslog server, but found nothing in the logs. It simply stopped accepting connections. I looked for any suspicious activity before the logs stopped, but all traffic looked normal. I am running PIX v 6.2(2) on a 515 R. Any help or insight would be VERY appreciated.

1 Reply 1

kdurrett
Level 3
Level 3

What configuration changes have been made to the pix? Did you recently apply a crypto map? If you did and its not configured correctly, the pix will be locked up. Check for a applied crypto map, remove it. Do a wr t, not a show config. Things will return to normal after removing, hopefully. On the other hand, if you have a network down situation, i'd suggest you call tac, if what I mentioned isn't there. Hopefully you have a some type of contract on the pix. Otherwise post your configuration here so we can take a look at it. Again, make sure its a "write terminal".

Kurtis Durrett

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card