cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix memory buffer, for window size(TCP Session, max transefrate)

sercopi
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning any one should give me a URL where there are information abuot the memory buffer for window size in TCP session managed by Pix?

And if I can with CLI, can I set a particular parameter to adapt window size memory buffer of the Pix, to increase the transfer rate per single TCP session?

Best Regards

Davide

3 Replies 3

sercopi
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon I have read part of the Pix 6.3 Command Reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_command_reference_book09186a008017284e.html

but I'don't yet find the answer (CLI) to my question about my Pix 525.

Make googling I've read that the Cisco Pix permit for single tcp session only ~ 48-50Mbit.

With this topic I should verify this information, an if possible make a variation (by CLI), on the parameter about bandwidth for single tcp session.

Any information that you can send me are welcomed, thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Davide

Good afternoon sorry if I ask and If I answer..but I should find a resolution and I'm in the middle of my research.

I have read also that the ASA appliance Version 7.0 have a feature similar as I find for my Pix:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080450c7c.html

In particular my attention is for this commands:

hostname(config)# tcp-map tcp-map-name

hostname(config-tcp-map)# window-variation {allow | drop}

I don't know if ASA and Pix use the same O.S. software, if i try to used on my Pix a 7.0(x) release ,should I have the CLI about window-variation?

Any information that you can send me are welcomed!!!

Best Regards

Davide

You can upgrade your Pix 525 to OS version 7.x without a problem. The latest version is OS version 7.1 which should be used as it has repaired some minor issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card