cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix Syslog

gio9779
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a Syslog application for the Pix has anybody got recomendations, I have tried the Solar Winds I have tried Kiwi, I have tried using Saw Mill on both those data bases or having the syslog into a SQL database.

I am running out of ideas and by the looks of it the only thing left will be to develop on myself.

Looking for a Syslog server that I can receive messages from the Pix and some other routers then I can filter the messages to sort on what ever I looing for it must also log to a database.

any ideas very desperate.

3 Replies 3

jason.drury
Level 1
Level 1

I use Linux running a syslogd server and parse the data with Perl. In your /etc/syslog.conf file you can specify a different syslog file for your Pix, routers, etc.

I have tried Kiwi on windows, but like this much better.

Good luck!

I have been looking for a better way to parse out my pix data as well and have not found anything I am truly happy with. I was interested in what you said about parsing out your log using Perl. Would you be at all interested in sharing how you are doing that?

Thanks!

patrick.cannon
Level 1
Level 1

What didn't you like about Kiwi?

Presenting/sorting data really isn't the function of Kiwi IMHO. It is more of a central repository for your logs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card