cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX-Websense , does outside interface supports integration?

vijay sanwal
Level 1
Level 1

My requirement is to do url filtering using websense for my lan and remote branches.

Tunnels from all branches will terminate on outside interface of my pix. As any traffic to internet ll leave the pix straight away through outside interface, how can i make my websense get http traffic from branch as well as my lan.

I am planning to perform nat on the router, which lies in front of pix.

Does outside interface support integration with websense. In this case i ll do no-nat for traffic from inside interface.

All traffic to internet will get natted/patted in router.

2 Replies 2

jackko
Level 7
Level 7

you mentioned, "Tunnels from all branches will terminate on outside interface of my pix".

i am assuming the tunnels are ipsec vpn tunnels. i was just wondering how would the pix re-route the internet traffic originated from the branch.

As the incoming traffic is from Tunnel source and it becomes private once its there in firewall.

I think it should work, as the incoming traffic is from Public IP while the outgoing traffic is a new private network.

Firewall should identify the traffic based on IP header.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: