Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding to my Cisco FPR 1010 using FDM

Hi,

I need help please.  I'm looking to create a port forwarding on my firewall. 

I am trying to come from the outside through UDP port to the inside to my network.

Can someone guide me please how to create the Nat rule. 

Thanks Ammar 

37 Replies 37

@AmmarHermiz14196 each interface has a name and an IP address. Example:

3.png

Each interface can be associated to a security zone.

2.png

Again, create your Access Control rule as follows:

Src Zone: outside_zone
Src Net: any
Dst Zone: any << or reference the correct dst (inside or whatever you called it) zone.
Dst Net: 192.168.90.2 << you never confirmed if this is actually the correct address?
Dst Ports UDP 51820 

Dst Net: 192.168.90.2 << you never confirmed if this is actually the correct address? Yes, Its correct address.

I will create the Access Control. I will let you know guys. If its going to work that would be great! 

Hi guys,

I need your help please or tell me please how to fix it.

I had to reset my FRP 1010 to factory settings. I had a backup and I deployed but i don't have connectivity and everything seem fine. but I am getting this message below

• A package file required for deployment, modules-3169-x86_64.tgz, does not exist. The installation of a SRU update package may be required.

Please need help? I have screen shot below

Thanks,

Ammar

AmmarHermiz14196_0-1686158978198.png

AmmarHermiz14196_1-1686159030865.png

@AmmarHermiz14196 I googled this and found https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt22254

Symptom: The deploy will fail with the error "A package file required for deployment, vdb-.tgz, does not exist. The installation of a VDB update package may be required." when trying to deploy after a Restore and the FDM sensor is not able to get VDB update packages from the cloud server.

Conditions: As part of a Restore the sensor needs to have a VDB update package. If the sensor is not updated with a VDB update package, then during the deploy as part of the restore will Fail. This can happen with sensors that have network connection issues to the cloud server, or are in air gap networks that can not connect to the cloud server.

Workaround: After receiving the deploy error, install a VDB update package and deploy again. If the sensor had network connectivity issues, then correct the network issues and then perform an update from the cloud servers. If the sensor is air gapped, the VDB update package can be separately downloaded from Cisco and then uploaded to the sensor using the UI or API using the new feature in 6.6.0. If you are unable to update the VDB package at all, in expert mode if you run "touch /ngfw/var/cisco/deploy/pkg/var/cisco/packages/vdb-.tgz" this should allow you to deploy as well.

Hi Rob,

Thank you very much for the replay. but the issue is I don't have a service contract. I have this Firewall for home. I don't have business.

I need to download the VDB package.

There is anyway I can download the package?

Thank you,

Ammar    

Thank you Rob. problem solved.

ymohammed
Level 1
Level 1

To create a port forwarding rule on your firewall to allow incoming UDP traffic from the outside to your internal network, you'll need to follow these general steps:

1. Determine the internal IP address of the device or server on your network that you want to forward the UDP traffic to. Make sure the device has a static IP address assigned.

2. Access your firewall's management interface. This is typically done by opening a web browser and entering the IP address of your firewall.

3. Authenticate yourself with the firewall using the appropriate credentials.

4. Look for the NAT or Port Forwarding section in your firewall's settings. The location and naming of this section may vary depending on the make and model of your firewall.

5. Create a new port forwarding rule. You'll need to specify the following information:

• External (public) UDP port: The port number that you want to forward from the outside to your internal network. For example, if you want to forward incoming UDP traffic on port 12345, enter that port number here.

• Internal (private) IP address: The static internal IP address of the device or server that you want the traffic to be forwarded to.

• Internal (private) UDP port: The port number on the internal device or server that should receive the forwarded traffic. This can be the same as the external port or a different port depending on your requirements.

6. Save the port forwarding rule and apply the configuration changes on your firewall.

Once you've set up the port forwarding rule, incoming UDP traffic on the specified external port should be forwarded to the internal IP address and port you specified. Make sure to test the connectivity to ensure that the forwarding is working as expected.

Keep in mind that the exact steps and options might differ depending on your specific firewall model and firmware version. Consult the documentation or manufacturer's website for detailed instructions related to your particular firewall.

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card