Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Security Issues...

mtrf
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am sucessfully configured my LAN switches for port security auto shutdown and max-mac-count 1 in order to protect any body to plug they laptop or any other device to get connected with my network without authorized approval. I knew it is hactak but security is our prime consideration. We are using Ciscoworks2000 for managment and my switches are 6509 & 3500 series.

My concern here is, if any body violated the rule I should get email message by informing that, this purticular port is shutdown, based on that I can take some action. Somebody earlier suggested me that with the help of RTM or DFM we can configure some script to get that, but I didn't find any thing, please suggest or advice me...

Any help will be highly appreciated...

1 Reply 1

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

First of all you must have syslog logging enabled on your switches, use the 'logging x.y.z.a'.

Then in CW2000>RME>Administration>Syslog Analysis> Define Automated Action , you can set up what RME should do when it receives a specific syslog message.

Here is a link that shows what can be done:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_3_x/3_5/u_guide/ug_eapps.htm#1016090

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card