cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuring webvpn using SDM

grfus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I'm trying to configure a webvpn gateway and I'm running into a problem with digital certificates. SDM prompts me to create one, so I do, and it says it completed successfully, but still says I need to configure a certificate, and won't let me continue with the wizard. I'm running SDM 2.5 and a 3725 router with 12.4(15)T9 software. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Reply 1

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Do not to change either the IP domain name or the host name of the router as this will trigger a regeneration of the self-signed certificate and will override the configured trustpoint. Regeneration of the self-signed certificate causes connection issues if the router has been configured for WebVPN. WebVPN ties the SSL trustpoint name to the WebVPN gateway configuration. Therefore, if a new self-signed certificate is issued, the new trustpoint name does not match the WebVPN configuration and users are unable to connect.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6496/products_configuration_example09186a008071c58b.shtml#tshoot

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card