cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems backing up FMC to new SFTP server

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

We're trying to migrate backups on our FMC to a new SFTP server. Various other network devices are using the remote storage, but we're not able to get any of our FMCs to backup. We currently have a physical and a virtual running 7.0.1 and a virtual running 6.6.4. Depending on the SFTP server configuration, we' re getting the following error messages on the FMC:

- Error  Cannot create a test file under directory /mnt/remote-storage or /mnt/remote-storage/sf-storage

This error seems like bug CSCvk40714, but I didn't see 7.0.1 listed. Also, with the top error, a test file is placed in the appropriate directory, and there are no errors on the server side. Every once in a while, a test will succeed, but a second push of the test button with no changes fail.

- Error   Cannot mounts SSHFS remote device, please verify the remote director name/username/password and advance options.

We are 100% sure the directory, username, and password are correct. The error on the SFTP server says "SSH Protocol Error: invalid key exchange value".

Is there some way to change the parameters on the FMC? What can I add into the advanced field to possibly correct this? Any other ideas as to what I might try? Thanks

5 Replies 5

@ABaker94985 what is your SFTP server? In the past I've had issues uploading a backup to a linux server where the algorithms on the server (in my instance ubuntu) only supported the more secure algorithms, which the Cisco FMC/ISE did not support. So we had to modify the supported algorithms on the ubuntu server.

Thanks for the input, Rob. It's a Windows 2019 server running Solarwinds Serv-U, and I can confirm that some of the less secure algorithms have been disabled on this server. Do you know which algorithms the FMC uses? I don't see a debug for SCP or SFTP, so it may fall under SSH. The server didn't specify what the FMC was using either.

By any chance were you able to figure this out? Running the latest Serv-U with FMC 6.7.0 and experiencing the same issue.

ABaker94985
Spotlight
Spotlight

Negative, but we no longer have a problem. We've completely moved away from the Firepower platform.

Thank you for the quick response on this. If I could office space these things, I would.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card