cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RAVPN and data traffic on FMC

KayaaKashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Can we configure data traffic and RAVPN traffic on same interface of FTD?

If Yes, Please share supportive document.

thanks !

6 Replies 6

@KayaaKashyap of course you can, that's how it work. You just enable RAVPN on the outside/external which can be the same interface for normal user data traffic.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/network-management/remote-access/212424-anyconnect-remote-access-vpn-configurati.html

So for my understanding, please give your input. here I will explain my requirement:

FTD outside interface will connect to SDWAN cloud and internal network will get internet from there only.

On same interface(outside) of FTD I can configure RAVPN. Right?

No problem' only make SDWAN use PAT 1:1 for port 443 from there public IP to your private FTD IP.

This make anyconnect in internet access your FTD uisng public IP of sdwan.

MHM

@KayaaKashyap does the FTD outside interface only connect to the SDWAN cloud? Or does the FTD have a public/routable IP address and can the FTD access the internet directly? If so you then yes, just NAT outbound internet traffic and enable RAVPN on the outside interface for Remote Access.

Sure Yes friend 
the Outside can use to make Internal host access Internet 
and also to make Anyconnect access Internal subnet 
MHM

As long as the FTD has a reachable public IP you can configure RAVPN on that interface, Data traffic passes on the interface just the same.  If the FTD has a private IP connected to the SDWAN then you would need to configure NAT on the internet gateway device to forward SSL traffic between a public IP and the FTD private IP.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card