cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace one ASA of a Cluster

Marcus Hunold
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cluster active/standby with two ASA5510 and I want to change one of them because one ASA5510 is damaged. Both have an CSC-SSM module. What I have to consider?

(License, Configuration, ...)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

In the failover configuration make sure that The two units in a failover configuration must have the same hardware configuration. They must be the same model, have the same number and types of interfaces, the same amount of RAM, and, for the ASA 5500 series security appliance, the same SSMs installed (if any).

The two units do not have to have the same size Flash memory. If using units with different Flash memory sizes in your failover configuration, make sure the unit with the smaller Flash memory has enough space to accommodate the software image files and the configuration files. If it does not, configuration synchronization from the unit with the larger Flash memory to the unit with the smaller Flash memory will fail.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

In the failover configuration make sure that The two units in a failover configuration must have the same hardware configuration. They must be the same model, have the same number and types of interfaces, the same amount of RAM, and, for the ASA 5500 series security appliance, the same SSMs installed (if any).

The two units do not have to have the same size Flash memory. If using units with different Flash memory sizes in your failover configuration, make sure the unit with the smaller Flash memory has enough space to accommodate the software image files and the configuration files. If it does not, configuration synchronization from the unit with the larger Flash memory to the unit with the smaller Flash memory will fail.

thx for answering.

What's happening with the CSC-SSM license key from the chrashed ASA5500 series? As I installed the CSC-SSM module i had to input the license keys. Now I have a new ASA5510 and I put in the CSC-SSM module from the crashed ASA5510.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card