cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing Failed PIX 525 Primary

jamesdanielkirk
Level 1
Level 1

I need to replace our Primary PIX 525 and have not be able to find any documentation regarding how to do this. Has anyone here ever done thins and if so can they either give me a few suggestions on the best way to go about replacing the PIX or point me to the correct documents?

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

James

You should be able to do this fairly easily. Power the primary down and the standby should be active. Make sure your new pix has the same code of PIXOS and the same ASDM/PDM if you are using it and then configure the new pix as you would a secondary pix, see this link -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807dac5f.shtml#sec

then power up the new firewall. It should sync it's config from the standby and then if needed you can force the failover back to the new firewall as primary.

Jon

jon,

That does sound like what I thought would be the best way to do it. I have copies of the IOS and ADSM to copy to the new unit. Thaks for your help

James

No problem, hope it goes well.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: