cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reverse NAT on ASA running 8.2

gbbliaya1
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to translate incoming traffic from the outside to show as the address of my "inside" interface on an ASA running 8.2?

3 Replies 3

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
gbbliaya1,

Thanks for the post. NAT can be tailored quite easily, however I'm not sure exactly what you need here. Your post is a tad vague. What do you want to achieve?

Kind regards,
Luke

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Issue is that the internal web server is being blocked when trying to respond back to any web requests from the outside.  This is due to the fact that the server is responding back via it's default gw and not the via the inside interface on the ASA.  Also, I can't set the default gw on the internal web server to the "inside" interface on the ASA because then, the internal web server would not be able to communicate to the other networks that we have here.  

To be able to communicate properly, would it work to have all outside requests translated to the "inside" address so that way the traffic will not be blocked.

Does this make sense now?  

gbbliaya1,

From your description, it sounds less like the traffic is being blocked from the server and instead it doesn't have a route out.
NAT won't be able to help you very effectively. What is stopping you from adjusting the routing on the router to allow that server to break out for the web requests as well as access your other internal networks?

Thanks,
Luke

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card