Helpful
Replies

Router on a stick

h21jonyg
Level 1
Level 1

h21jonyg_1-1707748180450.png

Hello!

I want to implement this network with the technique router on a stick to perform intervlan routing.
The first router connected to the ISP will be the edge router
The firewall is ASA 5505
The second router will be the internal router

How do i implement router on a stick on this network?

Where do i configure the sub interfaces? on the edge router, on the internal router, on the ASA 5505, or all of them?

So how to i confogure the firewall, the edge router and the internal router to achive intervlan routing?

2 Replies 2

The internal router need to config with subinterface' you can not config subinterface in asa and ISP edge router since the l2 vlan not end on these routes.

MHM

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How do i implement router on a stick on this network?

You should do on RHKI Router if you ask me, that is where all your switch and lan traffic coming in

Where do i configure the sub interfaces?

as i mentioned above it should RHKI router.

So how to i confogure the firewall, the edge router and the internal router to achive intervlan routing?

Inter-VLAN routing take place on the Router you creating the sub-interface, if you looking drop any traffic then you need to use ACL for intervlan traffic to restrict.

If you are not doing any NAT in RHKI Router, then you need Route back all the subnets in the Lan from Firewall back to RHKI router, if the RHKE doing NAT, then same routing required for Lan subnet towards Firewall and Firewall to RHKI to work.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card