cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Run fx-os commands while in expert mode, Firepower 4100?

junktoka28817
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to anyone who stumbles across this post, and thanks for any insight in advance.

I was wondering if there was anyway to run default fx-os commands (like show version, show blocks, show cpu, show memory, show snort statistics) while in expert mode/linux cli?

The goal would be to call a simple shell script or have cron call a simple shell script to query a bunch of health and statistic information. Additionally I would then be able to import this into my SIEM.

Am I thinking of this correctly or is their a better way to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you log into a Firepower 4100 FTD device (vs. the chassis manager) you will be in the FTD clish prompt. That's where you can run the show commands.

If you are logged into fx-os (e.g via the chassis management port) then you would need to first connect to FTD to run the FTD clish show commands.

Both of those command modes are separate from the expert mode / Linux cli.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you log into a Firepower 4100 FTD device (vs. the chassis manager) you will be in the FTD clish prompt. That's where you can run the show commands.

If you are logged into fx-os (e.g via the chassis management port) then you would need to first connect to FTD to run the FTD clish show commands.

Both of those command modes are separate from the expert mode / Linux cli.

Hi Marvin @Marvin Rhoads , can you run a bash script (script gathers similar info as described in this post) on the FTD via expert mode? Would you upload it to the root directory? Any potential issues if script only collecting described info? I also created a whole new post about this.

Replied in your new thread @CiscoPurpleBelt 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card