Helpful
Replies

Running Configuration from FTD showing old and obsolete firewall rules

systems100
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Kindly assist,

Am generated running config from cisco FTD cli, but then it displayed old and obsolete firewall rules and not the rules currently on it which i deployed via Cisco FMC.

Is there anyway to generate the current running config from Cisco FMC or via another mode on the Cisco FTD?

I will appreciate a prompt response.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From FMC, Devices, select the device,  From General click Get device config as mentioned below.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Many thanks.

However clicking on the Get device config, am not still able to get the device configuration itself, rather it is trying to get the configuration from another device to the device.

What else do you suggest i do?

Did your FMC manage many FTD devices ? make sure you select the correct device to get config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Just to clarify - You edited your accesspolicy, pushed the changes via deployment to your firewall, but when you directly connect to your firewall via SSH after the deployment is done you do not see the correct configuration on there?

Can you verify that

a. Your accesspolicy is assigned to the firewall in question 

b. Your deployment was successful (and that the deployment transcript includes the changes to your accesspolicy

c. State of configuration via SSH using > show access-control-config (you may use /<your-firewall-rule> to search the output

If your deployment was successful and you see the changes in the transcript but not on the device itself I'd suggest opening a TAC Case. Using https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch or https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/defense-center/products-release-notes-list.html you may also search for open/fixed caveats that might match your problem

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card