cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Save FMC or FTD Backups to a remote location?

CiscoPurpleBelt
Level 6
Level 6

Can't seem to find where this is covered in the documentation. Do I create a remote storage entry, choose NFS if I want to save it to a directory hosted on a remote server or something?

8 Replies 8

I am getting the following. Not sure if I should really run the commands stated for NFS on Windows. Any ideas?

Error

mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking.
mount.nfs: Either use '-o nolock' to keep locks local, or start statd.
Cannot mount NFS remote device, please verify the remote directory name

@CiscoPurpleBelt what syntax do you use? the error asks to confirm the remote directory name on the server.

I am just choosing option on GUI, not using CLI. The path I put it is just general /sharefolder/ etc. Even tried putting IP in front of /sharedfolder, etc.

I just want to back it up to a shared.

@CiscoPurpleBelt I've not use NFS before, so I'd have to test if required. I've used SSH to Ubuntu server before, works reliably and is obviously secure.

I tried to do that but it gave error saying can't do when STIG Compliance is enabled which I don't want to disable. Any ideas?

Actually trying to do it via SMB now but get the following error "Error
Cannot mount the SMB remote device. Please verify the host/share/username/password/domain/options if applicable. "

The IP, path, username, etc. all is correct. Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card