cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security Plus License - Annual Renewal???

DonHop
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisc0 ASA 5505, for which I purchased a Security Plus license for last year. My service provider is now telling me that the Security Plus license has an annual renewal fee of over $500. It's my understanding that the Security Plus license is a one-time purchase and does not have and annual renewal fee. Can you please verify or confirm this?

Thanks  

4 Replies 4

There are special situations where nearly all licenses can be temporary. But I have never seen that for the SecurityPlus license. What order-code did you buy and what is the result of "show activation-key"?

jeffblay
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem like yours. We at Custom Writing got a warning letter that we need to pay for the next year. So I also need the answer to this question.

andre.ortega
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am no sure about the version that you are using, but sec plus license used to be perpetual until version 8.3.

You can check that on Table 3-10, it says "Permanent License Reloading Requirements"
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa83/configuration/guide/config/license.html#wp1283656

However I didn´t find that information on the document of version 9.x.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA Security Plus license is perpetual on all platforms for which it applies and all versions of those platforms.

Smartnet support is a term agreement with 1 to 5 year terms available. If you don't require support it's not necessary to renew it. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card