Views
Helpful
Replies

Security

ismatullah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,
i have a question about Network i want to configure access layer switches (all port) with source(Host) dedicated IP address and Mac-address, for no one change and use other host ip, is it possible solution.

thanksss

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. It depends on your switch model and IOS version though.

You would use port security and IP source guard. (available even on layer 2 access switches if you have the right IOS version)

Dear Rohads,

first of all thanks of your idea,
over access layer switches are 3560,2960 model and IOS version 12.4, but i want to configure IP source guard. is it possible configure without DHCP and DHCP Snooping, if yes send me full configuration on this email.:  ismat_sh2000@yahoo.com 

You're welcome. 

IP source guard requires either IP DHCP snooping or manual binding. The latter is very seldom used as it requires a lot of administrative overhead.

The configuration guide shows how to do it. See this location:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12-2SX/configuration/guide/book/ipsrcgrd.html#wp1097327

CSC doesn't work by sending full configurations offline. This is a public forum and the intention is for all to be able to share in and learn from the questions/problems presented and answers provided.

Thanks a lot of your  kindness

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card