cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeing the CSA Interface through terminal services

bethtyler
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed on a lot of our servers that through terminal services we cannot see the red CSA flag to click and open the gui interface. We need to do this so we can using the polling button. Does anyone know a way to invoke polling without going through the CSA gui?

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

A couple of things to try. Go start, Programs, Cisco Systems, Cisco Security Agent, Sometimes is you launch it from here the red flag will appear. You can also start and stop the service to initiate a poll and as a last resort you can reboot the server and they will poll once back up.

Hope this helps,

Please remember to rate all replies

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Are you using TS in application server or remote administration mode? If you can connect to session 0 you should be able to see the UI in the systray.

I am using TS in remote administration mode. In 2003 you can get to the console level, but I wasn't aware of being able to reach console level in 2000. Stopping and restarting the service makes the agent poll again.

I use the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack and the Remote Desktop snapin allows you to connect to the console session (it's a checkbox). You can also create and save multiple sessions and navigate them with a tree view. I connect to both 2000 and 2003 servers and can see the systray UIs. In 2000 you may not see the UI if someone else is logged in to the console. You could also establish a shadow session to the console but that can create havoc if someone else is working at the same time.

You might give it a try if you aren't using it now.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card