Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sizing ASA

Hi!!
I need to propose two ASA (Active-Active) for an edge MPLS Link (100Mbps). Actually, I have 3200 persons in the building.
I was thinking in a ASA 5555-X  but I am not sure if this device is enough.
Do you think is enough or I need a ASA 5585 SSP X?

Thanks so much

3 Replies 3

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Carlos. 

It mainly depends on your budget and future scaling of your network. I think the ASA 5555-X is enough on your own building. However, is the 1.3Gbps IPS throughput enough on ASA 5555-X? The ASA 5585 with SSP is also a nice to have for AVC, WSE and IPS. Are you already working with your Cisco partner/rep as well on this one? Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Hi Adawa,

I am not considering IPS feature, only AVC. Do you know any rule to sizing NGFW ?

Thanks so much!!

Hello, Carlos. 

Apologies for the late response. Aside from your Internet connection speed to determine the best hardware model, you must also consider the traffic that traverses your internal to DMZ or inter DMZ traffic. Will you be supporting multiple IPSec and SSL VPN as well? Please send me an e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) in case you need to reach me quicker. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card