Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSD for ASA 5515X

hi all,

we have an opportunity to sell cisco ASA 5515X firewall. and i have one doubt.

do i need to order SSD drive with ASA 5515-X with IPS?

Please note that i dont want to have CX software, i just want to enable the IPS software on the firewall.

and if i dont need it, where the IPS logs will be saved?

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No SSD is required for IPS on the 5500X series. You do need to license the feature and order the device accordingly - e.g., ASA5515-IPS-K9 part number. 

IPS event logs are stored locally on disk0 or optionally can be retrieved by a remote server such as Cisco Security Manager (CSM).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No SSD is required for IPS on the 5500X series. You do need to license the feature and order the device accordingly - e.g., ASA5515-IPS-K9 part number. 

IPS event logs are stored locally on disk0 or optionally can be retrieved by a remote server such as Cisco Security Manager (CSM).

Hi All,

I had a Cisco ASA 5515X and the license of IPS can't renewal of the subscription (because had been end of life), so we should go to Firepower. I can't find the SKU to additional SSD for ASA5515X. Please help that know this issue.

Thank You and Regards,
Bella

@bella.nurhasanah

You should use part number ASA5500X-SSD120= ("ASA 5512-X through 5555-X 120-GB MLC SED SSD (spare)").

You'll also need to purchase licenses - at a minimum the no-cost Control license plus a term subscription for the IPS service. Your reseller should be able to assist you.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card