cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ssh config on a PIX

john.graves
Level 1
Level 1

I have generated and saved a RSA Key and then set a ssh statement for my address.

Putty returns a connection refused statement. What have I missed?

4 Replies 4

jripkey
Level 1
Level 1

Did you save the CA with the "ca save all" command? If not, I would check to see if you have an ACL permitting the connection to the PIX.

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Most flavors of PIX IOS only support SSH version 1.

Try it as SSH version 1 with 3DES (or DES if that's all your license permits).

If you do a 'sh ver' it will give you your license restrictions.

Good Luck

Scott

matt.austin
Level 1
Level 1

Just like the other reply mentioned, "ca save all" will save the RSA Key information, a "write memory" will not. Upon reboot, if this command wasn't specified, you will be unable to gain access with SSH. Also, if you change the domain name/host name of the device, this will also cause your SSH sessions to not work. The RSA Key is bound to your domain name you specify.

david_leach
Level 1
Level 1

With my experiance, it's been that you're using DES (Putty defaults to 3DES I think). If you go to the ssh category in the Putty config you can move DES up above the "warn below here" line. Or the "ca save all" wasn't issued and you lost the key on reboot. It could be an accesslist somewhere else in the configuration also. Have you tried to capture the packets and see if they're in fact getting to the machine?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card