Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSM On-Prem Server Generating CSR Issue

I am attempting to stand up a SSM On-Prem server for the first time. It is currently on a test bench connected to a management laptop and a Firepower 2120 supporting an ASA V9.14. I am interfacing via the HTTPS Gui through Firefox with java installed.

I am currently attempting to generate a CSR inside Admin Workspace -> Security -> Certificates however when clicking the actual Generate button nothing is actually happening and I do not see the expected download as per the Configuration Guide. The "Browser Certificate" section also only has the "localhost" default certificate that expires on the date of install. 

Is this a known issue?

I'm doing this in order to set up a Trustpoint for my ASA in order to push a smart license to it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Resolving the issue was restarting the Browser and leaving it alone after doing the request. It took about 2mins of waiting on the screen with no indicators before a download started.

Side note for anyone who comes to this later. In order to do the Trustpoint you will need to have a valid Certification on the device. Cisco publishes their certifications everyday with their call home but on a standalone system like SSM On-Prem you need to reach out and get them yourself Here I downloaded the bundle and while most likely overkill, it worked for me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Resolving the issue was restarting the Browser and leaving it alone after doing the request. It took about 2mins of waiting on the screen with no indicators before a download started.

Side note for anyone who comes to this later. In order to do the Trustpoint you will need to have a valid Certification on the device. Cisco publishes their certifications everyday with their call home but on a standalone system like SSM On-Prem you need to reach out and get them yourself Here I downloaded the bundle and while most likely overkill, it worked for me.

Hi,

I succeeded thanks to your help, but I have another problem

when I'm trying to generate CSR I get this error:

The Common Name in the CSR is not a DNS resolvable hostname or IP address, please try again.

I have an A Record and PTR on the DNS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card